Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Who Stole The Cheese?

Other than someone leaving an opened bag of broccoli and cauliflower in our fridge at work for a week and stinking it up, we haven't had much fridge drama at work lately.  That is, until today. 

I decided that I would splurge and put a slice of pepper jack cheese on my chicken breast for lunch today.  We had 2 big blocks of cheese in the fridge at work, unopened, leftover from a retirement party two weeks ago.  Note that "had" is the key word.  Imagine my surprise when I opened the fridge and the block of pepper jack cheese was nowhere to be found.  It, along with another unopened block of cheese (mild cheddar) were both there yesterday and now all we could find was the cheddar.  We could not imagine that co-workers would have eaten the entire big block of cheese since yesterday afternoon.  And we could not believe that someone might have "borrowed" the big block of cheese for a party at home. 

Sure, the leftover cheese was a freebie from the company - the blocks of cheese were purchased by the company as part of the retirement dinner.  So the fact that someone would have had the balls to take the block of cheese home blows me away.  While I was fussing about having to put a slice of mild cheddar cheese on my chicken, we almost had another incident.  Last week, we hid the new bottle of ketchup, so it wouldn't be wasted.  Today when a co-worker was looking for it for his french fries, he couldn't find it.  I fussed even more over somebody stealing the ketchup that I bought.  But after a few minutes of searching, he found it.  Someone had found our hiding place and hid it somewhere else. 

No comments: