Saturday, March 8, 2008

End Of Winter 2008 Storm Review

                                         

It's been a very busy twenty-four hours here at The Compound.  Yesterday morning as I was heading to work, the End Of Winter 2008 Storm hit.  And it lasted until noon today.  I've not visibly seen it snow this much in my life.  (Note: when the biggest snow storm in the history of Louisville hit in 1994, the snow came while we were asleep.)  It started yesterday morning and didn't stop till early afternoon today.  But I'm very happy to report that the awesome Toro snowblower worked like a charm.  Dad cleared the driveway yesterday afternoon, so when I came home from work, I drove in on a clean driveway.  And this morning, we had the driveway cleared off in less than 30 minutes.  I don't even want to compare that to the hours we spent shovelling when the Storm of 2004 hit. 

The first picture above is a beautiful wintry scene in our backyard.  You can see the BMW covered in snow as it sits under the carport.  The Compound had 12 inches of snow; the official measurement at the airport was 14 inches. The second picture is our dear friend and neighbor PS, taking his turn with the snowblower. While the snowblower cleared our long driveway quickly, we had a harder problem to deal with.  Our back porch is screened in, and is covered in outdoor carpet.  This morning, we woke to about 3 inches of snow covering the entire porch area where it had blown through the screens.  Mom and I spent a few hours out there today trying to sweep and gently shovel it all out. 

On a related note, my cousin in Columbus, Georgia called this morning and said that Atlanta and Columbus had snow.  I'm sure those people were driving even crazier than the people here in the 'Ville were this weekend. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're using the blower.......LOL