Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Biggest Loser Update

It's hard to believe that a week has passed since the midway point in our Biggest Loser contest at work.  I weighed yesterday, and am very happy to report another 1.4 pounds gone. 

I'm also very happy to report that the bike pedal issue has been taken care of, and the pedal did great last night on my three-mile ride up to the VFW post.  But the ride was not without incident.  After about a mile into the ride, I started shifting the gears in an attempt to get the chain set on the middle sprockets.  After a few shifts, it didn't take long for me to realize I was pedaling but going nowhere.  Yep, you guessed it - the chain came off. I didn't panic; mainly because I was closer to home than I was last week when the pedal came off, so it would have been a shorter distance to push the bike back home.  Instead I bent over and with almost no effort at all I had the chain back on and continued my ride. I still didn't get the gears set exactly where I wanted them, but I'll try again when the monsoon is over. 

No comments: