Thursday, March 20, 2008

Bridging The Gap

I was out across town this evening for our weekly Bible study with a group of women from church.  They're a great bunch of ladies, and I have to admit that I'm one of the youngest that are in this study group.  Before I left tonight, I told them that I wouldn't be at next week's study because I would be getting ready for the Divas big trip to Orlando.  One of the ladies asked if we were going to Disneyworld.  I quickly told her no, and told her that we were going solely to see Heart.  Much to my surprise, a few of the ladies knew who I was talking about.  One said "I know them. The guitarist is married to director Cameron Crowe."  Another lady said "You know, they still perform quite a show"; apparently she's seen them on stage.  Yet another said something that will stick with me: she said "I wish that the young girls today knew about Heart and other older women who still rock - they would be much better role models than Britany Spears or Miley Cyrus.  You never heard of the Wilson sisters involved in a scandal back in the day."

I thought about this on the long drive home and thought how cool it was that these ladies knew who I was talking about.  I was very impressed with them - not just because of their rock and roll trivia, but because they had open minds and evidently are open to different genres of music. 

No comments: