Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Follow The Trail

Yesterday was the day after Easter, and we know what that means -- it's the day when parents bring leftover cakes and pies, and the kids' Easter candy to work to get it all out of the house.  Our office was by far no exception; one entire long table in our lunchroom was covered with bags of candy, cakes, pies and a giant decorated cookie.  I'm proud of myself for resisting the temptation; as I was heating up my piece of spinach quiche in the microwave yesterday morning, I could hear the commotion of the feeding frenzy at the table full o' sweets behind me.  But I digress.  As I mentioned, parents (mostly mothers) brought in Easter candy yesterday to get it out of the house.  Even though 108 of us at work are in the Biggest Loser contest, that didn't stop the aforementioned candy feeding frenzy.  Everywhere you went in the office or factory yesterday, you found bits and pieces of pastel colored candy wrappers.  You didn't have to go far to find them, either.  I saw them in the hallway of the office, on the bathroom floor, and throughout the factory.  It was as if someone had dropped them all intentionally in order to find their way back like Hansel and Gretel did.  I saw the same thing today, too.  I bet the cleaning people in the office hate to see Easter come. 

No comments: