Monday, March 10, 2008

Biggest Loser Update

Today marks the mid-point in our Biggest Loser contest at work, and it was the official weigh-in.  I'm very happy to report another 4 pounds are gone, thanks to all of my miles I put in walking this past week. That makes a total of 16 pounds in the past 4 weeks of the contest, with a total of 23 including what I lost before the contest started.  I'm also very happy to report that my team is currently in third place, with a total of 33.6 pounds lost, and an average of 4.1% body mass lost. 

In preparation for the upcoming Divas' trip to Orlando, I'm stepping up my workout.  I plan to have steak and eggs Benedict during our trip, so for the rest of the month I'm going to walk and ride my bike as much as I can.  Today, the 'Rents dug my almost-new mountain bike out of the garage, cleaned it up and aired up the tires, and put on a very comfortable new seat that they bought me today as a way-to-go present.  I test rode it tonight and did about a mile before it got too dark.  My plan is ride it to the VFW post next Tuesday night's for the jackpot drawing.  I've already made arrangements for PS to haul me and the bike back home since it will be dark by the time the drawing is over. 

Let me give a big shout out and a hearty way-to-go to my teammates BP, PS, and SS.  You all rock. i'd like to also give a shout out to any co-workers who are on a Biggest Loser team and who are faithful readers - way to go, too.  Keep up the great work and don't get discouraged.  There's really no losers in this -- we're all winners.

 

No comments: