Thursday, March 6, 2008

New Store Review

After not being in the mood to tour the entire Super WalMart yesterday afternoon, I decided that today after work I would stop in and get some extra walking in and stroll through the entire store.  I had an hour to kill before heading across town, so it was perfect timing.  I even decided to push a shopping cart as I walked, in hopes of burning up a few more calories. 

My first visit was to the deli, bakery and produce sections.  I never knew there were so many different pears.  The fruits and vegetables were perfectly arranged, and they were probably the most vibrantly colored produce I've ever seen.  I was pretty impressed.  I came across something pretty cool in the produce section that I'm going to have to try - they have prepackaged individually packed bags of grapes.  With the current trend of 100 calorie packs of practically every food out there, it's no wonder that we now have 100 calorie packs of fruits.  I thought this was pretty cool, even though the price for 8 small individual packs of grapes was probably over twice what the same abount of bulk grapes would cost.  I'll be sure to pick up a pack on my next visit.

After a quick visit to the meat section, I travelled up and down every aisle in the grocery store part of the store, and then headed to the department store part of the store.  The aisles weren't arranged neatly in that portion of the store like they were in the grocery store part, but I'm pretty sure I went up and down every aisle in that section.  By the time I made my way back to the front of the store to check out and pay for my Progresso soup, I was pretty tired.  But it was a good tired. 

All in all, I give our new Super WalMart a thumb's up, even if they did disappoint me in one area:  they don't have a fabric section like they do at the other regular WalMarts.  I wanted to buy a fourth of a yard of clear plastic (like people use to cover table cloths) and was for sure they'd have a fabric section in the new Super store, but no.  I'll have to go back to the regular WalMart up on Dixie Dieway and get it. 

No comments: