Monday, February 26, 2007

Well Wishes From TWIT

Once again, there's alot going on in my life and in the lives of my friends, family, co-workers and faithful readers.  Unfortunately, it's not all good.  I'd like to take a few moments and give some will wishes to some very dear people.

Prayers for:
Bob, one of my family's best friends.  Bob's mother Peggy passed away Friday night.  His mom had been in a nursing home for the past few years, and the last time that Bob and his wife were at our home, we all sat around the table and shared funny stories about our loved ones' antics in nursing homes.  We laughed about little things that his mom did, and about things that my Grandma did when she was in a nursing home in the 90s.  For example, both Peggy and my Grandma referred to the dining room as "upstairs" - whenever they would go to the dining room they would say "I've got to go upstairs."  It's funny things like that that you'll remember in the days and years to come when you reminisce about your loved one, Bob.  You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Rick, a dear friend, fellow church member and faithful reader.  Rick's dealing with his mother's illness right now, and our prayers to out to him and his family.   We don't get to see as much of each other as we did at Fourth Ave., but we're here if you need us - all you have to do is call or email me. 

Diva Stacy.  She's going through a pretty rough time at her place of employment the past week, when management announced lots of major changes coming down the pike. I know that it wouldn't be right for me to pray that you and I win the $1 million raffle in the Kentucky Lottery so you won't have to deal with any of that at work, but we'll just send out prayers for strength, guidance and peace.  That's about all you could hope for, right? 

Get Well Wishes to:
My 'rents.  It's been a rough month here at The Compound.  First of all, a week after DLV2 I got a nasty case of the stomach flu.  Two days after I had it, Dad caught it.  And being the sharing people we are, Mom caught it a couple of days later.  Never mind she had the stomach bug in the middle of January.  We got over that and darned if they didn't go and get sick again.  Mom has had a pretty bad upper respiratory infection since last Tuesday, and this past Friday night Dad started coughing.  Mom had a regularly scheduled doctor's appointment this morning, and the doctor gave her some antibiotics so hopefully she's on the downside of her gunk.  But Dad seems to be reaching the apex of his flu bug today.   Personally, I've been taking Airborne and saying lots of prayers that I don't catch it.   But believe me, 'rents - I would gladly take on both your URI and flu bug so you wouldn't be sick.

No comments: