Saturday, February 3, 2007

Mullet Watch

Our more recent mullet was spotted just hours ago.  Mom and I braved the arctic cold and went to the grocery store this afternoon, and while we were there, my sweet mother spotted the mullet.  She's perpetually kind, and when she saw this little boy running down the meat aisle of the store, she tugged on my coat and whispered "Would you look at the hairstyle on that boy?" I'd already caught a glimpse of the future PAT, and all I could see was some long hair flying as he went running by.  I said a quick prayer, hoping that it would be true, and sure enough, it was.  My mother had spotted her first mullet.  When I told her what great thing she had done, she took it all in stride and asked me to go back and pick up another can of coffee.  I guess I was more excited than she was.  But I was so proud of her, faithful readers.  She might not have known the hairstyle on the young hoodlem running through the store was called a mullet, but she definitely knew something was out of the norm.  So I am giving full credit for this mullet sighting to Mom.  And for the record, this grocery store was across the street from the Wal-Mart where JMc spots a lot of mullets.

Mullet count: 9

No comments: