Saturday, February 10, 2007

Cooking At The Compound

There's nothing like a family member being sick to spur a healthy family member into cooking action.  Ever since a co-worker emailed me a PDF cookbook of restaurant copycat recipes, all I could think about was the copycat recipe for Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay biscuits.  Let's be real - you'd be hard pressed to find a person who says they go to Red Lobster for their seafood; we all know it's for the biscuits. 

So since I've been sick, the 'rents have been repeatedly asking if there was anything they could fix me.  Other than toast and bananas, I didn't want a thing.  But as I was taking one of my naps today, I heard them in the kitchen when I woke up, and low and behold, they had made a batch.  I ate one and a half, and they were the best things I've had to eat in over two days.  They turned out identical in shape, texture and taste to Red Lobster's.  So without further ado, here's the recipe.  It definitely get's the Thumb's Up rating from TWIT.

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

2 cups Bisquick® baking mix
2/3 cup milk - low fat okay
1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese - low fat okay
1/4 cup butter or margarine - melted
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 parsley flakes

Combine Bisquick®, milk, and cheddar and beat with a wooden spoon for about 30 seconds.
Spoon onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
Bake in 450 degree oven for 8 - 10 minutes.
Combine butter and garlic powder and pour over hot biscuits; sprinkle with parsley.

No comments: