Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Family Updates

First of all, let me express my gratitude to you, my faithful readers.  I received almost a dozen emails today from my faithful readers asking how my 'rents were feeling.  I don't mean to sound corny or sappy, but it means alot to me that you would take the time to send me an email asking how my 'rents were doing in their convalescing.  They're doing much better today. This was the first day in about a week that they've both eaten their normal amount of supper.   Mom's antibiotics have kicked in and she even walked about a half a mile this evening after supper.  Dad had enough energy today to stir around and take a shower, so he's doing great as well.  And for those faithful readers that have seen me the past two days, my eye is doing better, too.  I didn't mention this yesterday, but I've been experiencing some mild conjunctivitis.  I bought some OTC eye drops for pink eye yesterday and they seem to be working.  In retrospect, it probably wasn't the best thing for my eyes to be in the smoke-filled VFW tonight, but it was jackpot drawing night and I had to be there in case I won the $500.  But I hope to be back into my contact lens before the week is over. 

I'm hoping for a thorough recovery from the 'rents soon, because we're planning our annual overnight trip to the Glory Of Rome in two weeks.  I know they'll need all the strength and energy they can muster for that.  Thanks again for your concern.  I do in deed have the best faithful readers in the world wide web. 

No comments: