Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The PATs Sure Are Impolite These Days

I'm sorry to report that Mom had a relapse with her bout with the flu bug, and was sick today, so instead of Dad and I cooking supper tonight, I decided to go to my favorite fast food restaurant Taco Bell.   The parking lot was crowded, and the drive-thru line was snaked all the way around the building.  I thought for sure the place would be empty today since it was Ash Wednesday, but I guess the Protestants didn't want to cook either so everyone decided to get carry-out tonight.  But I digress.  Since the drive-thru line was so long, I parked the car and went inside to place my order.  Lo and behold nobody was ahead of me.  I placed my order and stepped back away from the counter to wait for my food.  While I was waiting, I saw two female PATs come into the restaurant.  Both were talking and laughing loudly on cell phones; one sat down at a table and continued to laugh hysterically into her cell phone, and the other PAT went to the counter to place their order.  I noticed that she looked like a very young Kelly Rippa, except the PAT had dark hair with blonde streaks. 

Background before I continue the story:  I was carrying a quasi-new Prada purse.  The purse was a Christmas gift from my cousin and his wife, and was purchased when she was working as a clothing buyer in New York City about 6 or 7 years ago.  It is a real Prada - not a knockoff.  I didn't like the purse, even though it was a very expensive designer purse,  and we used it to hold some of Dad's old music books.  But when a friend showed me the knockoff Prada purse she bought, I decided to get my Prada bag out of Dad's closet and start carrying it. 

Back to the story:  I stood there and observed the PATs, and had turned to walk out of the door with my taco salads when the Kelly Rippa PAT looked at my purse and boldly asked "Is that real?" I looked at her obviously fake Chanel purse and asked "Is yours?"  She didn't say another word.

No comments: