Friday, February 16, 2007

Thanks A Lot For The Heartburn

Yesterday was such a great day.  I've always loved Thursdays, and still do - they symbolize the day before our last day of the work week.  Add to that the fact that when I go out to socialize, it's usually on a Thursday evening.  I don't now why, but it's always been that way.  So, yesterday evening I had plans to socialize.  After work, I followed my best friend at work home and had an awesome dinner with him and his family.  I love going to their home for dinner.  His wife makes the best tossed salad I've ever had, plus I get to play and visit with his two little kids.  Last night, we had a belated birthday dinner for me - a fiesta, if you will.  We had chicken fajitas, spicy refried beans, and homemade tamales.  His father-in-law lives in south Texas and brings a big box of these awesome homemade tamales whenever he comes to visit.  These are genuine tamales wrapped in corn husks.  After eating one of these, you will never eat one of those ones that are wrapped in wax paper and come crammed in a little jar. 

I got home from our fiesta and visited with the rents for a few minutes and then headed to bed.  After reading for a few minutes, I developed a major case of heartburn and indigestion from the tamales and fajitas.  I didn't want to rummage through the house and wake up the 'rents while looking for some Zantac, so I had the bright idea that I had some in my bedroom in my travel bag.  Nope.  Then I remembered that I had some in the purse I carried while on DLV2.  I looked through the pockets of the purse and still didn't find any Zantac.  I opened the zipper on one last compartment of the purse hoping to find the little silver blister pack of Zantac, and found something else instead.  There in that little pocket were two one-hundred dollar bills.  Yep, two Ben Franks, leftover from DLV2.  I had no idea they were in there.  I had been so thrilled at winning money while in Vegas and actually bringing money back home, that I didn't figure up how much I had actually won.  I did even better than I thought I did.  I sure am glad I got heartburn last night.  I'd love to have that kind of heartburn again real soon. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta go! I'm going to rummage through my luggage right now!