Tuesday, February 13, 2007

It's Only Seven Bags

I was fixing my lunch this morning and went to the hall pantry to get a couple of bags for my sandwich and chips, when something caught my eye.  I picked up the box of Glad sandwich bags just to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me; it was still pretty early in the morning and I could have not been seeing straight.  There on the side of the box said "Glad Sandwich Zipper Bags, 93 Count."  Yes, 93 count.  Not 100; not even 75, but 93.  I walked back into the kitchen shaking my head in disbelief.  

After I packed my lunch, I went back to the pantry to look at the box a little bit closer.  There was no store name on a price sticker, so I couldn't tell where Mom bought them. In fact, there wasn't even a price sticker on the box, so I couldn't tell what Mom paid for the box of 93 count bags.  I got online before I went to work and looked at the Glad website, and saw where they offer this particular type of zipper seal bag in 50 or 100 count; I didn't see one thing about a 93 count box.  I looked back at the box and tried to find a manufacturer's date on there.  All I found was 2006, so at least I know they were made recently. 

On the way to work, I thought about the box of 93 count sandwich zipper seal bags, and it kinda bothered me.  I really couldn't pinpoint why it bothered me; it just did.  If I could find out how much Mom paid for them, I could compare the price to the 100 count bags, and then figure the price per bag so I could see if we were cheated out of 7 bags or not.  I'll have to check out the local stores the next time I visit them to see if I can find where we purchased the 93 count bags.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments: