Friday, February 23, 2007

New Product Review

I admit I'm a sucker for a new product, especially when it comes to new beverages.  I usually will wait until I get a recommendation or a reliable review before I actually buy the new product.  But during my tenure as editor-in-chief of TWIT, I've gone out on a limb and have been the first in my circle to try something new so I could educate my faithful readers.  That having been said, I'd like to publicly thank my best friend Diva Stacy for telling me about Fuze, the refreshingly smart beverage.  I've tasted a few of their flavors but the Banana Colada is my favorite. 

The name aptly describes the flavor - it tasted like a pina colada with banana.  You probably didn't know this but I hate coconut.  If I even think coconut is in something I won't go near it.  Yet I love coconut flavoring.  I just don't like the shreds of coconut in my mouth.  But I digress.  The Banana Colada Fuze is my fave of all of the Fuzes I've tried.  Not only does it taste great and has less calories than juice or soft drinks, each bottle of Fuze has 100% of your recommended daily allowance of essential vitamins and bone building calcium.  How many other banana colada drinks can touch that?

The Banana Colada is part of Fuze's "Refresh" line of drinks, which also comes in Strawberry Banana, Strawberry Guava, and Peach Mango flavors. In addition, they sell three other lines of drinks. In case you're not familiar with them, they include:  Vitalize - more like a sports drink, high in electrolytes and antioxidants; Slenderize - 2 grams of carbs, approx. 10 calories per 8 oz serving;  Tea - a selection of green, white, and oolong chilled teas. 

I read today that Coca Cola is in the process of buying the Fuze line of beverages.  The details haven't been released yet, but the
information I read stated that Fuze would operate as a stand-alone entity of Coca-Cola if the deal does go through as planned.

The drinks aren't very cheap - I paid $1.29 for my Banana Colada bottle this week.  But our local Krogers has had them on sale 10 for $10 in months past.  But the bottles are 16 oz. so if you ration it out, you can get 2 or maybe 3 portions of it.  I urge you to give Fuze a try.  Please leavecomments and let me know how you like it.  Fuze gets the TWIT Seal Of Approval.

 

No comments: