Sunday, January 6, 2008

Link Of The Week

Back in the late 70's, a local rock and roll radio station had a recurring feature on their morning show called "Celebrity Death Watch".  Morbid, I know, but it was entertaining and held our interest.  The DJ would mention a celebrity that was either old and/or very ill, and would bet that the celebrity wouldn't be around much longer.  As I said, yes I know it's morbid.  I had an odd fascination about their Celebrity Death Watch, and soon started talking about to friends.  We would often start out talking about a celebrity and would wonder if they were still alive.  Then we would talk about celebrities that were on their last leg, so to speak.  One thing led to another, and friends and co-workers urged me to start my own Celebrity Death Watch list.  Even back then before blogging, I had faithful readers - they would tell me to add someone or to bump someone up to the top of the list when they found out a celebrity was in the hospital.  I still have the list, and my co-workers still watch it closely. 

This week, I found a website that deals with celebrity deaths - it's the Famous Dead Database.  You can check it out at http://www.famousdeaddb.com.  You'll find celebrites and how they died.  For instance, I never knew that Ulyesses Grant and Claude Monet both died of cancer.  So be a little morbid like me and check out the database. 

No comments: