Saturday, January 19, 2008

2 Voices 2 Worlds Concert Review

                  

If I could only use one word to describe last night's "2 Voices 2 Worlds" concert with Reba McEntire and Kelly Clarskon, I would have to use surreal. 

Actually, the entire day yesterday was surreal.  It started Thursday night, when some personal drama went down.  I was nerved up all day long yesterday, and I know you probably won't believe this, but I was so upset and riddled with anxiety that I didn't eat anything all day.  So to be honest, I wasn't even looking forward to last night's concert.  But after putting on my big girl pants last night (thank goodness I took them with me to the concert) I made a phone call just minutes before the concert started and got my big drama sorted out.  So after clearing the air, I was able to go into the concert and actually enjoy it. 

What made the concert surreal to me was the fact that Reba McEntire and Kelly Clarkson were on stage together the entire time; it wasn't as if Kelly opened for Reba.  They sang on each other's songs - Reba would sing a line or two and then Kelly would sing a line or two, and they even did backup harmony for each other.  It was just bizarre.  Don't get me wrong - it was a hell of a show, but it just wasn't the big Reba production that I'm used to seeing.  As always, the highlight of the entire concert was the final song, my beloved "Fancy" but it just was not the same without Reba in her trademark black coat that she throws off to reveal a red dress.  And I'm not Kelly bashing or anything, but it was just not fittin' for Kelly Clarkson to be singing along on "Fancy" - Reba should have had that song all to herself.  But it was a great show, my seat was excellent, and nobody spilled beer on my coat.  You can't ask for much more than that. 

No comments: