Monday, January 28, 2008

Glory Of Rome Birthday Trip Review

The 'Rents and I returned home just hours ago after spending an awesome day and a half at our favorite getaway, the Glory Of Rome.  We headed over yesterday at around noon, and just got back a couple of hours ago.  We're worn out, and feel like we've been gone from home for weeks, but we had an awesome time together.  Between Diva Stacy and the 'Rents, I celebrated my birthday in style.  The day started off with Diva Stacy fixing me Eggs Benedict, washed down with Graceland Cellars "All Shook Up" champagne.  Yes, that's Graceland as in Elvis Presley.  From there, the 'Rents and I headed across the bridge to the Glory Of Rome where we spent the night.  My birthday meal at "Legends" was great - my ribeye was cooked exactly medium, like I ordered.  And we managed to win some money last night, too.  We all three had a good night's sleep on the very firm pillow-top mattresses, and had a great breakfast at the Villa Buffet before heading back to the Glory Of Rome to win a little more money. 

Normally, I witness enough bizarre things at the Glory Of Rome to be able to write a "Top Ten Things Seen At The Glory Of Rome."  But this time, I'm deviating.  The most bizarre thing I witnessed during our stay occurred this morning during breakfast at the Villa Buffet.  When we arrived, it wasn't crowded, and the hostess seated us in the "Diamond" section - a section where they normally only sit the "Diamond" Total Rewards Card people, aka the high rollers.  Two World Series Of Poker players, who were Diamond card holders were at the table next to us.  Let me interject that we are lowly "Gold" Total Rewards players.  The Diamond card guy was talking to another Diamond card/poker player at the table next to him, and they were both talking about last night's games.  We the Diamond guy go up to the buffet to get his breakfast, and when he returned, we noticed in one hand he was carrying his plate piled high with biscuits and gravy, and in the other hand he was carrying two little cartons of yogurt. Before sitting down to eat the Diamond guy put the two little yogurts into the pocket of his coat.  Here this big high rolling poker player was snagging two little cartons of yogurt.  The three us sat there at our table with total "WTF?" looks on our faces.  Maybe that's how he can afford to spend so much money in order to be a Diamond card holder.  But it sure was cheesey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday......I had it marked on my calendar, but still forgot.

Sounds like a great time was had by all.
~Barb

Anonymous said...

Maybe he was taking the yougurt back to the room to some chick?