Saturday, January 12, 2008

Farewell, Chef Barbie

TWIT is not at all sad to report that Perpetually Pissed Off Chef Barbie has left our local Krogers for greener pastures.  I found out this breaking news this afternoon while doing grocery shopping.  I noticed that Chef Barbie's picture had been replaced by the picture of a new chef in the Gourmet Shoppe.  I asked the new chef if he knew where she went and he said he didn't have a clue; all he knew was that he was the head chef at the Gourmet Shoppe.  Good on ya.

Now, I don't know what surprised me more - the fact that Perpetually Pissed Off Chef Barbie was no longer at my Krogers, or the fact that the Gourmet Shoppe requires multiple chefs.   All I know is that now I can go to the Gourmet Shoppe and get my pimento cheese and spinach artichoke dip without being subjected to Perpetually Pissed Off Chef Barbie's attitude.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope she didn't move to my Kroger....

Anonymous said...

I hope she didn't come to mine either.  Of course, I am not happy that Kroger has eliminated all but three of the full serve checkout lanes.  The other 18 lanes are self serve in which one clerk oversees the whole bank.  It is not uncommon to hear the Kroger autobot voice demand from several stations in sycronicity to "Please remove the last item" while shoppers endure an arduous wait while the clerk unlocks each station one by one.  Of course, other lanes queue up thereafter with the same message.  Home Depot has also succumbed to the dreaded self checkouts.  This just doesn't seem practical when purchasing bags of mulch or Quickrete. Please write an article on these horrible technological blunders that have "improved" our lives.