Saturday, January 5, 2008

Crowding The Seasons

This morning while running my Saturday errands, I stopped at our neighbhood drugstore to see what all they had on sale; it's my normal routine.  I checked out the Christmas bargains, but couldn't find anything I absolutely needed, even at 75% off.  I wandered down another aisle, and there it hit me -- Easter candy.  Yep, Easter candy.  We haven't even had Valentine's Day yet, and they already had Easter candy out on the shelves.  Granted, it was only one small aisle shelve, but it was Easter candy nonetheless.  They had the most awesome Reese eggs, three varities of Peeps and Russel Stovers coconut nests. 

You would have thought they would have waited at least until around Valentine's Day before they got the Easter candy out, but no - it's out just a week and a couple of days after Christmas and they already have Easter candy out.  They didn't even have the complete selection of Valentine's Day candy out yet, either - I looked up and down 2 aisles and didn't see any of the conversation hearts.  But by Ned you can get Reese eggs. 

I'm happy to report that I made it out of the drugstore with only one purchase - a pack of Airborne - and I was able to resist the temptation to buy some Reese eggs.  I hope I'm strong enough on my next trip there. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

were you at cvs???
I was at my CVS and they had easter candy out already! at first I saw were they normally have their clearnace stuff! at first I thougth it was from last yrs stock, and wrinkled my nose! then i saw a whole ilse of it and it dawned on me what they were doing!    

Sharon