Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Know You Feel My Pain

It's been awhile since I've had to report any disgusting news like this, but I'm very sad (or should I say "$ad"???) to report that the BMW is in the shop.  I noticed a leak a couple of weeks ago and put it in the shop, but after drying everything off and driving it for an hour, they couldn't find any leaks.  This Saturday morning Dad discovered yet another oil slick on the carport in the same spot as before (by the left front tire).  We weren't sure if it was oil or hydraulic fluid, since every other thing on the BMW takes hydraulic fluid.  But it was a pretty substantial spot.   I was in too good of a pre-birthday celebration mood to deal with it over the weekend, so I just did nothing until we got home from the boat yesterday afternoon when Dad followed me over to the shop and we dropped it off for diagnosis.  But this time I was armed with proof.  Saturday morning while the puddles of fluid were still fresh on the carport floor, I took pictures with the cell phone camera so the shop can get a visual on the leaks.  Please say a prayer that the BMW's hemorrhage repair won't be too co$tly.  I'll keep you posted. 

No comments: