Monday, February 20, 2006

Who Do You Think Would Win?

I was playing some Slingo earlier this evening, and while I was waiting for the game screen to load, I had to endure tons of the customery ad banners that we see on just about every site we visit these days - even here at TWIT, unfortunately.  One of ads really caught my eye - it had small picture of Eminem and Maria Carey and the ad posed the interesting question "Who would win in a fight?"  You know what?  That's something that you just don't think about.  I can honestly say that in my 43 years, not once have I thought "If Eminem and Mariah Carey got into a fight, which one would win?"   I could have understood if the ad was for two people who are kinda the same, like "If Jennifer Aniston and Angeline Jolie got into a fight, which one would win?" or "If Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw got into a fight, which one would win?"  But two entirely opposite and different people like Eminem and Mariah Carey?  WTF?

If we analyze this like the sports people on ESPN, maybe we can come up with the winner.  In one corner we have Eminem.  Sure, he's a tough rapper but he's also a wannabe gangstah, I think.  The emphasis here is on the wannabe.   He might rap a good talk, but I don't think he can walk the talk.  In the other corner we have Mariah Carey.  She's a tough diva.  Very tough.  She made it through Dick Clark's New Year's Rocking Eve unscathed.  Add that to her battles with Sony and she is one tough contender.  If I were a betting woman, my money would be on Mariah in that fight. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eminem