Wednesday, February 8, 2006

A Letter To McDonalds

Dear McDonalds:

Thanks alot for adding to my clutter.  According to you and your commercials, I do deserve a break today, so give me a break and get rid of the little plastic bags that you now put condiments, plastic forks, and napkins in.  Now when I eat from your drive-thru, not only do I have the paper wrappers, cardboard boxes, or styrofoam containers to deal with, now I have the new little plastic bags to clutter up the front seat of my car. I don't need them.  I've done just fine all these years fishing my ketchup packets and plastic forks out of the sack. 

I don't know why you started doing this now.  Being a business major, do I really need to remind you that using those little plastic bags is going to cost you? Your first cost will be the money to buy the bags.  Your second cost could possibly be in customer satisfaction - customers in the drive-thru are not going to want longer while the PAT working at the counter has to go to the back and haul up another case of the little plastic bags.  It's something I hope you've already thought about.

I realize that some newly-hired MBA graduate probably did alot of cost analysis about the new little plastic bags.  They probably came to the conclusion that the customer would rather have their condiments and accessories in one convenient place when they're reaching into the bag.  But if you didn't try to cram 8 items into a paper bag designed to hold only 6 items, you wouldn't need to use those bulky cardboard or styrofoam boxes in the first place and we would be able to find our ketchup packets easier. 

I'm sorry I even had to write this letter to you - you are still my favorite burger place.  But I just had to get this off of my chest. 

Your long-time customer,

Puddin

No comments: