Friday, February 10, 2006

Update Friday

Happy Birthday
TWIT would like to wish my dear friend T a very happy birthday this weekend. Welcome to the 40 club, T.  You've seen how much fun I've had during my three years in the 40 club - it's not bad at all.  You'll enjoy it.  In fact, I think we need to call it the Fun Forties.   UCL to ya, T. 

I'm Glad Y'all Are Doing Better
I would like to personally give a shout out to some special people in my life. First of all, welcome back home, Polly.  She had very serious open-heart surgery two weeks ago, and is doing great.  She came home from the hospital last week, and says she feels fine.  Polly,  I'll give you a few more days to recuperate before I come over and then we can raid your refrigerator drawer.  You keep doing what the doctors say, Polly. I love you and need you around a few more years to watch my back.
Second, I'd like to welcome home my friend and neighbor Boots.  He was in the hospital for over a week with pneumonia.  You had us worried, Boots, and we're so glad that you're back home here in the 'hood where you belong.  You keep doing what the doctors say, too - we need to make a trip across the river again soon. 
Third, I'd like to say get well soon to my dear friend, neighbor, and second mother Bev. She's also Boots' daughter.  She had some major surgery on her hand and arm last week.  You listen to your doctors, too, Bev - we've got some bocce and corn hole to play this spring.

Thank You, Co-Workers
I'd like to thank some of my co-workers for giving me inspiration and encouragement this week on a new project I'm going to undertake.  Faithful readers, I think I'm going to write another book.  No, this new book won't be a novel like the one it looks like I'm never going to finish; this new literary endeavor will be a guidebook of sorts. I started tossing around some ideas with Diva Stacy, and one thing led to another and before I knew it, my small project snowballed into a big project.  Many thanks to my co-workers and faithful readers JMc, CLeg, and SH for your input and insight.  This will be your book, too, peeps.  As soon as I get some of the details ironed out, you all can expect a journal entry about the new book. I'll keep you posted.

WTG, G Fam
I'd like to congratulate the G family on their basement renovation.  It looks awesome.  I can't wait till we can christen it.  Why, just today, I was the winning bidder on a very cool autographed framed Terri Clark poster to hang on your Wall Of Memorabilia.  You guys rock.

No comments: