Thursday, February 16, 2006

Gas Price Update

It's been awhile since I've ranted and raved about gas prices - we were spoiled for a few days this week with gas being below $2 for the first time in probably a year.  But this afternoon, I witnessed the biggest spike in prices since this craziness started a year and a half ago. At noon today, gas was $1.96 a gallon; coming home this evening, it was $2.25.  I'll do the math for you - that's a 29 cent increase.  It makes no sense.  Other than the usual things going on, there's nothing really big happening right now to cause this, other than the Vice President accidentally shooting his friend while bird hunting.  Maybe that caused it.  Who knows.  All I know is I'm glad I filled up the BMW yesterday morning when it was still under two bucks a gallon.  I would have been crying the blues if I'd waited to fill up on my trip home from work. 

It's enough to get a person all riled up.  It's been a stressful week at home and at work, and as if that wasn't bad enough, I have to deal with gas going up 29 cents a gallon today. Yeah, I filled up the car when it was cheaper, but that's not the point.  The point is that there's no real reason that gas prices should have jumped up 29 cents today.  Sorry -  I just needed to vent some steam, faithful readers. Thanks for listening. 

No comments: