Friday, February 17, 2006

New Product Review

Valentine's Day was just a couple of days ago, and that can mean only one thing, faithful readers: it's time for Reese's peanut butter cup eggs. I went to the store the day after Valentine's Day in  hopes of getting some discount candy, and imagine my surprise to find that it was already cleared out and the Easter candy was in it's place.  Instead of fretting about it, I went straight for the Reese eggs.  I saw a display for a new fudge Reese's eggs, and had to try one. I knew the Hershey folks wouldn't let me down.  I figured that as long as they were in the Reese's family, they'd be awesome.  I wasn't wrong.  Dad and I ate ours in about two and a half bites. 

If you were some poor, unfortunate soul who'd never eaten a regular Reese egg before, you probably would not have been able to tell any fudgey difference.  But to Reese egg experts like me, you could tell a difference.  The chocolate covering was in deed fudgier, but to the untrained, the chocolate covering was just a bit thicker than on regular Reese eggs. The peanut butter filling was the same as on regular eggs, too. 

If I had my choice between a case of regular Reese eggs and Reese fudge eggs, I'd definitely go for the fudge eggs.  I'm glad that we've got about two months till Easter - that's two months that we'll be able to get our fill of new Reese fudge peanut butter eggs.  Get some today.  They definitely have earned the TWIT seal of approval.

No comments: