Saturday, January 28, 2006

This Week Gets Better And Better

This has been the week for dreams coming true - first I finally joined the Ladies Auxiliary, and as of today, I am the proud owner of a generator.  When we had the tornado outbreak the week of Memorial Day in 2004 and lots of friends and co-workers were without power for over a week, I decided that we needed a generator.  But things and other expenses got in the way, and we just kinda forgot about it.  But a few weeks ago, I decided that action must be taken.  So this morning, Dad and I went up to the local Pep Boys and brought home a Coleman Powermate 7500.  The selling feature on the unit was the fact that we can plug the genterator into the receptacle on the side of the house, and have power go to the entire house.  So in the event of a power outage at The Compound, no need to worry - I will be able to use either the desktop or laptop computer and will be able to publish TWIT on a daily basis.  Of course it means that I'll have to use dial-up, provided we still have phone service.  But as long as I have power to the house, I will be happy. 
With the addition of the generator, I think we're pretty well covered for anything.  We've got the new snowblower that has yet to be used, and now we've got the generator.  We're ready for anything now.  Bring it on.

No comments: