Monday, January 23, 2006

I've Got A Headache

I had an annoying headache since Friday afternoon. I wasn't trying purposefully to cut back on my coffee intake, but it just happened, and the lack of caffeine gave me a slight but annoying headache.  On Saturday, I thought I would drink a couple more cups of coffee and it would go away, but I only drank one cup, and got preoccupied with other things and didn't drink any more.  By Saturday night, the headache was still there.  I didn't want to drink any Coke or have a cup of coffee at 9:00 at night, so I just bucked up. Thanks to Extra-Strength Tylenol, I was able to get rid of the headache and yesterday morning, had an extra cup of coffee for good measure.  Well folks, the headache has returned.  I know what you're probably thinking; "Maybe you should go to the doctor, Puddin, and make sure everything is ok."  I'm just fine, faithful readers.  But if you ask any other person at ZCO who works on the first floor of the office building, chances are they, too, have a headache right now.  Today, painters did some heavy-duty painting of the walls on the first floor of the office building, and we all have headaches from the paint fumes.

At first, we joked about how we all had a nice buzz going on from the fumes.  But as with all buzzes, it quickly wore off, only to be replaced by irritated eyes and an annoying headache. No amount of Tylenol nor Excedrin helped, either.  We just had to tough it out until quitting time when we could run outside and breathe fresh air. 

I took some more Tylenol as soon as I got home, and was outside for a few minutes before supper, taking deep breaths and filling my lungs with fresh air.  I'll be fine. Until tomorrow when we have to go back into the office building.

No comments: