Saturday, January 14, 2006

No Snow

I'm bummed this morning.  Even though yesterday was pay day (aka Distribution Day) and even though those of us at work that had unused personal time from 2005 got paid for those hours, I'm still bummed this morning.  We didn't get any snow last night.  Not a dusting like the weatherazzi predicted; not even a snowflake.  So much for the old wives tale about the thunder and snow corrolation. 

I don't know what happened - when I went to bed at 11:00 last night, I checked Dopplar radar and the big snow front was knocking on Louisville's door.  Maybe the white on the Dopplar radar screen at the WLKY website was a smudge or something. I bet I'm probably the only person in the city who is disappointed because we haven't had any snow this winter. 

On a related note, this is the year anniversary of having a snow blower.  I bought our snow blower this week last year.  A year has come and gone and we still haven't gotten to use it.  After a quick check at the Weather Channel, there is some snow in the forecast for this Thursday and Friday.  I'm not getting my hopes up.

No comments: