Monday, January 9, 2006

Mullet Watch

Now that TWIT is keeping an official count of mullet sightings this year, it seems like we're seeing more and more of them.  It's like they all know that TWIT is looking for them, so they're coming out of the woodwork.  I spotted two more this weekend.  The first sighting was about 11:30 Saturday night at the convenience store up the street from The Compound.  I was on my way home from visiting some friends when I decided to stop and get a bottle of ginger ale.  Boy, I'm glad I did.  The mullet was inside the store buying a dozen day-old doughnuts.  That fact, in and of itself, is blog-worthy - buying a dozen day-old doughnuts at 11:30 on a Saturday night.  I've had this store's doughnuts before, and let me tell you they're not all that fresh at 7:00 in the morning, much less at almost midnight.  I just hope they gave him a good discount.  Anyhoo, back to the mullet sighting.  I didn't get a good look at him below the torso, so I don't know if he was wearing the customary fake animal-skin cowboy boots or not.  Bu his mullet was in plain sight from across the store.  This wasn't just any mullet - the top of the mullet was short and spiked, a la Rod Stewart. 

The second sighting was Sunday afternoon at the Ladies Auxiliary fundraiser.  No, the mullet did not belong to one of the members of the Ladies Auxiliary.  But it did belong to a woman.  Not only was it the first female mullet of 2006, it was also the longest mullet I've personally sighted.  It was past her waist, and I'd venture to say she was at least five and a half feet tall. It wasn't spiked like the mullet the night before, but it was a mullet nonetheless.

Mullet count: 5

No comments: