Wednesday, January 4, 2006

It Was Soooo Windy . . .

It was so windy today . . . I saw a woman on Fourth Street get her wig blown off her head.

Yes, it's true.  I've always heard amusing jokes and stories about it being so windy that people get wigs blown off their heads, but it wasn't until this afternoon that I actually witnessed the event firsthand.  I was on my way back from the U of L campus, when I saw a woman, probably in her mid-60's, get off of the bus and walk down Fourth Street to the parking lot.  A gust of wind came along and her gray wig blew right off.  I was startled, to say the least.  I didn't laugh at first; I felt sorry for her because I thought she might be a chemo patient and didn't have any hair. But when I saw that she had a full head of hair, I thought it was OK to laugh. 

The wind didn't blow her wig very far - it just merely blew it off of her head. So it's not like the lady had to run down the street trying to catch it.  She just bent down and picked it up and put it in her briefcase bag and continued on her way to the parking lot. She didn't even look around to see if anyone was watching her, either.  She just picked up her wig and went on about her business.  It was like something from the old "Candid Camera" TV show or "America's Funniest Home Videos" only this wasn't staged.

No comments: