Friday, January 6, 2006

Happy Birthday, Lenora

The 'rents and I are worn out from hosting a raucus birthday bash tonight. It was a birthday supper for our dear friend Lenora.  She's 92 years young today.  We were able to keep the dinner and party a surprise from her until she got here.  We had it all planned out, and darned if it didn't all come together.  Some friends called her earlier this week and told her that they wanted to take her out for her birthday tonight, only they didn't tell her where they were taking her.  Her eyesight is not what it used to be, so she truthfully had no idea where they were going, even though she's been out to our home dozens of times.  Anyhoo, she didn't know anything was up until they pulled into our driveway. 

I spent 3 days and put over 100 miles on the car going all over town in search of a U of L blanket for Lenora, and finally found one on Tuesday.  As soon as I saw it, it didn't matter what it cost - I only knew that Lenora had to have it.  She even got a bit misty when we unfolded the blanket so she could see it.  When I took her picture, she asked me "Are you going to put that in your blog?"  I told her that I sure would.

A good time was had by all, and we can't wait till her 93rd birthday to celebrate again.  Someone gave her a CD player for a birthday gift; I think next year we'll get her an iPod.

Happy Birthday, Lenora.  We love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cool lady.  Happy Birthday and God Bless!