Thursday, January 5, 2006

Ladies Auxiliary, Here I Come

This is a historic day in the life of yours truly.  Tonight, I will be turning in my paperwork to join the Ladies Auxiliary.  It's a day I've been waiting for since I was a kid. Before going to work this morning, I got my special Mont Blanc pen out of the drawer and filled out all three copies of the form.  Dad received his membership card in the mail two weeks ago, and with the holidays, last Thursday was the first time I was able to get to the VFW since then.  As soon as I walked through the door, I was greeted by a two members of the Ladies Auxiliary, saying they've been waiting for me.  They even invited me to sit with them at THEIR table during bingo. How cool is that, I ask you?  The President might as well have asked me to join him for dinner.  They gave me the paperwork to fill out, and said that if I decided to get the lifetime membership (which, of course, I will) they will pay $50 of the fee.  What a bargain.

My first meeting will be in a couple of weeks - the last Wednesday of the month.  I can hardly wait.  We'll be planning the first fundraiser of the year - a special Sunday afternoon bingo in mid-February.  Maybe they'll let me call the numbers. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to Go............Drink a beverage on me.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, and Way to go, Puddin!   If you need any fundraising ideas, let me know.  We offer a great one here where I work.