Monday, March 15, 2010

The Third Year Of Trying New Things

I am very excited to report that 2010 marks the Third Year of Trying New Things. Tonight for supper, I tried something I vowed I would never try: brussel sprouts. While I can't say that I would order them while dining in a restaurant, I'll admit they weren't half bad. Actually at supper, I ate some out of necessity; they were the only vegetable that Mom fixed tonight, and I knew I had to have something green with my mashed potatoes and pork chop.

I don't like cabbage, and since brussel sprouts are in the cabbage family, I had it in my head that I wouldn't like them either so I just never tried them until tonight. No, I didn't just eat one or two; I had a healthy serving of them. And let me tell you that the 'Rents were shocked. But hey - I was hungry and new I needed to get in a green veggie today so I ate some. And who knows? Maybe I'll eat them again.

No comments: