Saturday, March 6, 2010

An Awesome Saturday

What an awesome Saturday this has been! And the day isn't even over yet. There's still plenty of time for more awesomeness.

The day started out with a feeling of freedom - I turned in my final exam yesterday and have two weeks off from school before the next class starts. But don't think that I'm just going to sit around and do nothing. During the next two weeks I plan to develop a Powepoint presentation of some church security plans and will be presenting them to our security committee at church in a few weeks.

The morning progressed with me meeting a good friend for breakfast across town. And while we were waiting outside in the sunshine for our name to be called to get our table, a coworker walked over and gave me a hug and started chatting. To make the long story short, I talked more to this woman today than I have in the entire year or two she's been at our company. She's as sweet as she could be, and it was very cool to see the non-work side of her.

After breakfast, I came home and Dad and I bonded for a bit while Mom was out shopping with a neighbor. We had a great time, and at one point I just stopped what we were doing and said a quick prayer of thanks for having such a great, wise father.

I'm not sure what the evening holds in store but I can pretty safely say that the highlight of my day today was getting the old Schwinn bike out and riding out on the bike path today. It was the first time I'd had the bike out since last fall and it felt awesome. It kicked my ass, but I can't wait to get home from church tomorrow so I can get back out and do it again.

Yep, it sure has been an awesome Saturday.

1 comment:

Toots said...

So glad your day was great!!