Friday, March 5, 2010

Flashback Friday

This week on Flashback Friday, I'm not going to talk about a person, place, thing or concept from back in the day; instead I'm flashing back to just one week ago. This time last week, the high temperature was about 25, it was very windy and snow was in the forecast. Today it was sunny, the high was in the mid 40's and everybody in Louisville was celebrating because they think that winter is over.

This time last Friday I was in Cincinnati. The was about 8 or 9 inches of snow still on the ground. There was 2-3 inches of snow in the forecast, it was very cold and cloudy, and I was frantically visiting store after store in the vicinity of my hotel to find an ice scraper. I found one, which I used on Saturday morning. Flash forward to today, when even though it was still a bit cool, the sun was shining and we all felt that spring was just around the corner. On my way home from getting our Friday night fish, every car wash that I passed by was packed. I'm sure there was no waiting if you'd went to one last Friday.

There's rain in the forecast next week, but they're calling for temperatures in the upper 50's all week long. What a big difference a week makes.






No comments: