Friday, March 19, 2010

Flashback Friday


As I type this, the 'Rents are in the family room watching their number one favorite western, "Gunsmoke." They could not care less about the NCAA tournament, and have watched everything else except the basketball games today. Most of the time, they've been watching the old school western channels.
I've always been a "Big Valley" fan, but the 'Rents have always been "Gunsmoke" fans. I have to say that it comes in at a close second for me. It's awesome. Festus and his mule Ruth are my favorite characters, while most people would argue with me saying that Marshall Dillon and Miss Kitty are their favorite characters. To each his own.
I would have like to lived in Dodge City back in the day. I would visited the Longbranch Saloon, and let Sam the bartender serve me a beer or a shot of whiskey. And I would have eaten my meals at DelMonico's Restaurant, where they served the meals on very cool blue and white china. If I had any health issues, I would have let Doc Adams treat me. I would have felt safe and secure living in Dodge City with Marshall Dillon and his Deputy watching over me.

No comments: