Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Just My Luck, Part Two

When we last spoke, I was giving the sordid details of the BMW's fog light issues. I totally skipped over the turn signal issues on the Blazer.

I noticed Saturday night that my turn signals didn't work on the Blazer. The hazard lights worked, but not the turn signals. On Monday, I drove it to work and dropped it off at the very reputable body shop across from work, and asked them to check it out. They called me late in the day to tell me that they would have to take out the steering column and pull the dashboard to get to it. So much for it being an easy fix. So I drove it in today and left it at the 'hood auto repair shop, in prayer for an easy cheap fix. They called me late in the afternoon today saying it was ready and the fix was only $92. I didn't tell them that that was well below my cap of $4oo for any car repair.

A few minutes after they called telling me the Blazer was ready, the body shop across from work called and said that their vendor shipped the correct fog light by next day air. So I told them I'd drive the BMW tomorrow and drop it off. I drove the Blazer home, fully able to use my turn signals, and am anxiously awaiting tomorrow afternoon when I can drive the BMW home with the fog lights on.

No comments: