Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring Is Almost Here

We had the warmest day of the year so far - it got up to 71 degrees this afternoon. We've got a couple of weeks left before it's officially spring, but you couldn't tell that to the city of Louisville today. I saw quite a few pairs of shorts being worn this morning when I passed by PATs waiting for the school buses. It was in the mid-50's for the morning commute and seemed a bit too cool for shorts but who says that PATs are the smartest creatures out there.

I experienced another sign of spring while I was riding the bike tonight. I passed by a neighbor's house where they were grilling out and hosting a pretty big cookout. If I hadn't eaten supper I might have stopped by and bummed a hot dog.

I saw probably one of the biggest signs of spring when I pulled into the driveway this afternoon: the 'Rents were out working in the yard. When you see them outside raking and trimming and such you surely know that spring can't be too far away.

No comments: