Saturday, March 27, 2010

DC ... RG

Today marked a first for me, faithful readers: I took my Mom with tonight to the Derby City Roller Girls roller derby match. And she loved it. I took Dad out the other night, so I thought it would only be fair to take Mom out tonight, and let Dad have some Me Time at home.

Back in the day, Mom went to the roller derby with Dad and Grandma and Grandpa. Some might think that odd, but I think it's pretty damned cool; I don't know too many people that can say that their parents and grandparents went to the roller derby. I guess it's only natural that I enjoy the roller derby, too. But I digress. Mom loved the bout, but I will say that she told me she was disappointed - she thought it was going to be the old school roller derby with the banked track where the girls get into it and toss one another over the railing. She was a bit bummed to see that it was flat track roller derby. But once it started she really got into it. Like me, she agreed that it takes quite a bit of athleticism to skate like that.

She even wore her cool DCRG t-shirt tonight at the bout, and a few times I saw her put her bottle of water down and clap for our team, who won 114 to 79.

No comments: