Saturday, March 20, 2010

Del Ilymo Orizzonte?

The other night, the 'Rents and I went out on a shopping spree, and during out economic stimulus, Mom bought a new table cloth for our kitchen table. It had pictures of roosters and phrases in Italian on it. We didn't pay much attention to it until this morning at breakfast, when Dad and I started reading the phrases and wondering what they meant. I wrote down a few of them and got online and found an Italian-to-English translation site and attempted to decipher the phrases on the table cloth.

Needless to say, we didn't get very far. The phrases on the table cloth are written in Italian - with actual Italian handwriting. But we were able to figure out a few words like horizon, wind, and ending. This is far from over, and I'm willing to bet that in a few weeks time we'll have more phrases figured out. As always, I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Toots said...

I did some research and the translation is literally "Old Cockadoodle".

Hope that helps.

Toots said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Puddin said...

How awesome is that? Old Cockadoodle!!!