Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Very Good Friday

For as crappy as my Thursday was, my Friday more than made up for it. And it wasn't even a payday Friday, either. It was a good Friday because I spent the evening at the Bats game with my Dad.

He wanted to get there as soon as the gates opened so he could have time to take in the whole experience, so I made sure I didn't lollygag around and leave later than we should. We got there just as they had opened the gates, and as we were walking through we even got free stuff - a Bats can huggy and a set of Bats baseball cards. You can't ask for more than that, can you? We stopped and visited with a friend from school who works at the Adult Beverage booth and had her pour us an ice cold draft beer and then we headed to find one of our favorite foods of all time, fried bologna. We found the stand and ordered our sandwiches and were pleasantly surprised to find that the bologna slices were extra thick. They day just kept getting better and better. Even though we are watching what we eat and trying to eat healthier, you just can't stop at one bologna sandwich at a ballgame - you have to have some more junk food. So we each had an order of nachos and then later on for dessert we had some awesome Dippin' Dots. Dad loved them. In fact, as soon as we got home that was one of the first things he told Mom about.

As I said, it was a very good Friday, thanks to my Dad. It was awesome getting to spend time at the ballgame with him, and if he had half as good a time as I did, then I know he had a blast. It was truly a night with my Dad that I will always remember.

1 comment:

Toots said...

So glad you two had such a great night together!