Monday, August 17, 2009

Day Off, Day One

I am very happy to report that I was able to get some time off this week. Unfortunately for me my co-worker J-Dub is off Friday, so that means I won't get a full week of vacation, but four work days off is good enough for me.

The morning started out as sweet as could be. I slept in till almost 9:30, which is the latest I've slept in in months. After a bagel and some V-8 juice, I hit the bike path before it got unbearably hot. When I got home, I treated myself to a frosty adult beverage as I was cooling off in the a/c. After a quick trip to the Dollar General Store, I came home and had a nice nap, and then got up and got some carry-out for the Rents and myself from a local steak place. We all three have our bellies full and we don't plan on moving our respective spots on the couch and recliners the rest of the night. After all, that's what vacation is all about.

No comments: