Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day Off, Day Four

All good things must come to and end, and unfortunately for me it's back to work tomorrow. But with all of the running around that we've done this week, I'm going to have to go back to work so I can rest.

Today was the opening day of the Kentucky State Fair, and we'd originally planned to go this morning. But with rain in the forecast we bailed and stayed home. So we decided that if we didn't go to the fair, we'd bring the fair to us. So early this morning I ran to the grocery store and got us a pizza, ice cream and cones, lemons (for lemonade shake-ups), tortilla chips and nacho cheese. Yep, we had the makings of the fair concession stands right here at The Compound. We had a blast all day long - eating and watching it rain.

Like I said, all good things must come to an end. It was an awesome week being with the 'Rents and I can't wait till my next week of vacation next month so we can do this again.

No comments: