Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Flood 2009

This was the sight outside of our shipping dock at about 9:30 this morning. At 8:00 when work started, it was as dark as midnight, and was in a very freaky way getting even darker. At about 8:30 it opened up and rained. And rained. And rained. In the span of 75 minutes, we had over 6 inches of rain here in Louisville.

I took this picture as I was standing on the edge of one of the loading docks in our shipping department. The water was lapping at the toes of my tennis shoes. You can see cars stuck in the flood waters. I didn't have the stomach to post a picture taken of one of the factory parking lots, with cars and trucks floating in the flood waters. Yes, they were actually floating. About one-third of the factory was flooded, so I'm pretty sure night shift won't work tonight. All I know is when we're back open for business, we will selling quite a few pumps here in the 'Ville.

We're safe and dry at The Compound, thanks to MSD and a very well-built basement and house. Many, many others were not so fortunate. U of L was flooded, as was Churchill Downs and the main library downtown.

No comments: