Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day Off, Day Three

Another day off from work and a great time was had by all. Well, not really "great" by "all" but I had a great day. The 'Rents spent most of the day working in garden-related duties, so I'm sure they would have rather spent the day in the a/c sitting in their recliners but they made it through the day. Dad finished tearing out the green bean vines and then plowed up that part of the garden and Mom spent the afternoon canning salsa. And me, I spent most of the time working on a hard homework assignment. But at least I was at home and not at work. That's about all I can say.

This morning, I had a great breakfast downtown with a few hundred friends that I had never net. I had the priviledge of attending the kickoff breakfast for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk that will be held on October 25. It was an awesome hour, getting to listen to breast cancer survivors tell their stories. I left there pumped up and ready to get my team of co-workers together. In fact, I'm going to start on that as soon as I get back to work on Friday.

No comments: