Friday, August 7, 2009

Flashback Friday

I remember when we would go to the grocery store when I was a kid, nobody asked us "paper or plastic" when they started to bag our groceries. To be truthful, they don't even ask us that today. But I digress. Back in the day you got paper bags for your groceries because that was all they had. And if you had ice cream or frozen foods, you got a special smaller heavy-duty freezer paper bag. Like I said, they were smaller - just big enough for nothing bigger than a rectangle carton of ice cream to fit in. But they actually worked. They weren't insulated or anything, but they were made of a heavier paper and they actually helped to keep your ice cream from melting too much before we got home.

I reminisced about the frozen food bags last night when I made a quick trip to Wal-Mart for some Tyson chicken patties. I was walking past the frozen food section when I saw a rack of frozen food paper bags. I had no idea they still used them. But I'm glad they had them because I had another errand to run and the heavy paper bag sure helped keep my chicken patties from thawing out.

No comments: