Wednesday, June 18, 2008

So Much For Big Brown

As you know, I love to buy new, trendy things.  It's no secret that I can't resist the latest thing.  A couple of weeks ago in the Saturday newspaper, I read about some very cool flip-flops that are on the market.  At first, I was able to resist the urge to order them immediately; mainly because I don't like flip-flops because I broke my ankle as a result of wearing flip-flops.  That was over twenty years ago, so I decided to give them another try and vowed to be more careful this time.  So last week, I shopped around online and found a pair at almost half-off the retail price, with free shipping.  You can't beat that deal with a stick. 

The day after I ordered them, I received an email saying that they had been shipped, and they gave me the UPS tracking number so I could check and see when they would be delivered.  All week long I'd been tracking them.  Yesterday, even though I was getting a cold and felt terrible, I was still very happy when I saw that they had arrived in Louisville.  I just knew they would be delivered today.  This morning before work, I checked the tracking number, and imagine my surprise when I saw that they had left Louisville and were now in Lexington.  I checked again a few minutes ago, and from all indications it seems the cool flip-flops are on their way BACK to Colorado.  I'm confident that they will get to me some time, but this really bums me out.  What can Brown do for me?  They can get me my flip-flops.

No comments: