Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Modern Day Mecca

All my life I've read and heard about people who've travelled to Hollywood, Nashille, and New York City to follow their dreams of being a star.  I had no idea that Louisville was the new mecca for reality TV until today.  Our illustrious Mayor For Life announced that in the coming weeks, not one but two bigtime reality TV shows will be holding auditions right here in Louisville.  This Saturday there will be auditions for the new season of "The Biggest Loser." (Note: I'm very bummed because I wanted to try out for it, but this season they want a pair of people and I couldn't find anyone that would be willing to commit to doing it with me.) Then as if that's not big news enough, the announcement was made today at a press conference in city hall that there will be two auditions in Louisville for the next season of "American Idol."  Nope, I'm not trying out for that one, either. 

When I use the term "mecca" I mean that people from all over the country will be coming to the 'Ville to try out for these two shows.  The 'Rents said on the noon news today, they showed some singers and dancers from the Broadway cast of "Cats" who were planning on coming here to audition for American Idol.  Imagine that - people who are already Broadway stars coming to Louisville for a chance to be on American Idol.  Who would have thought?

No comments: