Sunday, June 1, 2008

Link Of The Week

As  you know, I've been eating healthier, exercising and have been steadily losing weight since the first of February.  In doing this, I've become a devout food label reader and pay more attention to the calorie content in what I eat.  I came across an interesting site this week that has to do with counting calories.  The current popular trend is all of the pre-packaged foods in 100 calorie packs.  I found a site this week that shows pictures of 200 calorie portions of foods. If made me think.  For instance, you could eat a  pound and a fourth of broccoli that would be 200 calories, or  you could have 1.2 ounces of peanut butter at the same 200 calories.  It wouldn't be a hard decision for me, given the fact that I can't stand broccoli.  Check out the site for yourself at http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-200-calories-look-like.htm.  Happy calorie counting.

 

No comments: